So I got nominated for an award!
The wonderful Lisa over at She’s Losing it nominated me and I just wanna say thanks! I’m even amazed that people read this blurb of my life, let alone nominate me for awards! So Thanks!
So here are The Rules: 1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, 2) post the award on your blog, 3) write 7 things about yourself, 4) nominate other blogs.
I’ve already done one with 7 things about myself so I thought I might just do my top 7 healthy living tips!
I should say I am by no means an expert! I am just a Mumma who has successfully lost some weight over a number of years so all these are my my own opinions! If you want proper advice go see your GP or nutrionist!
1. DRINK WATER!! I don’t just mean one glass I mean 8 minimum or 2L. One of my most helpful tips with this is carry a water bottle with you at all times! I have one I leave at work that is 1L that I top up through out the day and I have a 700ml one that I carry with me. I think it’s also helpful to know the capacity of your bottle that way you can work out how many you need to drink to get to your 2L. The other great thing about water is that it’s free, it contains no calories and it keeps you full between meals. Don’t forget if you are exercising you will need to drink more water to compensate for the water lost through sweat, so aim to drink 3L on the days you are active!
So get your water on!
2. PLAN YOUR MEALS! Even I’m crap at this sometimes but it always works! I’m not super strict or anything and I’m quite boring with what I eat as it is generally the same but I do definitely plan dinners. As I’m a working mum I find it extremely difficult to get everything done that I need to. What I do is set aside some time (normally on the weekend) and plan my weeks meals, sometimes even the months!! As I have group training two nights a week and I like to eat before I go, I need meals that are quick or one’s that are easily made the night before. The trick to keeping it healthy? I’m not super duper strict but if I have planned sausages for the boys I’ll have Salmon or I’ll have extra salad instead of pasta, sometimes I just have the pasta! It’s not the end of the world and you know what? It saves money as you don’t buy crap that you don’t need! Check out my post I did where I spent $300 for the whole month on shopping for my family.
3. TAKE YOUR LUNCH WITH YOU! I guess this is similar to the above it all comes down to planning. I pretty much have salad with either tuna, Salmon, chicken breast or beans and brown rice. I’m pretty boring but I like it. I take for snacks, pieces of fruit, nuts and yogurt. Now It’s coming into winter I’m not that much into salad so I do take leftovers sometimes depending on what it is. You once again save so much cash. M and I limit ourselves to one brought meal a week. Sometimes I’m slack and don’t get food ready the night before and I almost always end up eating crap. I love soup in winter and it’s so low in calories if you make it yourself, just watch the bread!
4. YOU DON’T NEED EXPENSIVE GYM EQUIPMENT It’s true you don’t. There are gazillions of body weight exercises that you can do, or throw on your runners and pound the pavement! Not only is exercise good for you but it makes you feel good afterwards! Also use equipment that is around you. If you don’t have have weights fill up two similar size drink bottles and use them as hand weights, use chairs to do body weight dips and lay a towel on the floor as a mat. Be creative! Also if you are looking to purchase some equipment look on line for some great deals. Ebay has millions of listings related to exercise equipment or look in your local trading post for second hand treadmills or home gyms. I paid $100 for my treadmill and it’s not hi-tec or anything but it serves it’s purpose. At the end of the day your body is not going to know that you are using a cheaper piece of equipment or an expensive one, it’ll just thank you for working out! In saying that when buying second hand, do make sure that everything works and it is safe!
5. EAT 5-6 SMALL MEALS A DAY! I do generally stick to this, I have to admit it is much easier to stick to when you are working but if you are at home or work part time you can do it! My breakfast, lunch and tea are normally all around the 350-400 calorie mark I have two snacks of around 100-200 calories. Basically every 3-4 hours I eat. If I’m still hungry after dinner I’ll have some yogurt with fruit or make a low fat treat or have a cup of tea or coffee. I eat breakfast around 6:30am I then have a coffee when I get to work at about 8:30ish. I then have some nut and fruit at about 10 – 10:30. Lunch is at 1 then I have afternoon snack of yoghurt or hommus and rice crackers at about 3:30 – 4. Tea is eanywhere from 6:30-7:30 depending on the night and I really try not to eat again if I can help it! If you wake up hungry It’s a pretty good sign that your metabolism is working ok! Another reason to do this is you don’t throw your body into starvation mode and you kick start your metabolism each time (Don’t quote me, I have read this somewhere).
6.TRY TO MAKE SMALL CHANGES TO BEGIN WITH. Like anything success comes with time and patience. Believe me I know and I’m still going as I’m not quite there yet! Any change you make to your diet to improve it will help. whether it be cutting out soft drink or changing to the diet variety, it all helps. I have been trying not to eat sugar or consume anything with sugar in it (Not so great the last few days I’m PMSing and chocolate has been a regular feature in this weeks lunch ) . Some days I rock it others days not so much but what I have done is I no longer have sugar in my coffee. I sometimes may have stevia if it’s an instant, but not in my skinny cap from work or in my Aldi coffee pod! For you it might be having no fast food or just going to one take-out a week. For others it might be changing from white bread and rice to brown and wholegrain. Any small change you make will benefit you! Also watching your portion sizes can drastically help. We are a society who loves big meals and realistically we don’t need them. I find waiting 20 minutes after I’ve eaten helps. If I’m still hungry I’ll eat but if I’m not I wont! Believe me it’s a struggle and I’m not perfect but it does work!
7. YES HOUSEWORK DOES BURN CALORIES! As does gardening! I believe anything that has you running around the house all day is good for you! I normally always work up a sweat when mopping the floors and have put my heart rate monitor on to measure calories burnt and you do burn a decent amount. I think even if you can’t get to the gym that day or have time to go for a walk or run basically staying active is the best thing!
So those are my tips I hope you like them! Also my word is not the Bible and I truly believe that the way one person loses weight is different to another. You should always do what is right for you
And here are my nominee’s:
Enjoy ladies xxxx
I also should update how I went with my goals last week!
Go to bed at 10pm – total failure!! I believe I even went to bed at 11:30 one night due to staying up and watching The Voice!!
Plan my meals for the week – Done I even planned meals for 2 weeks!
Eat Breakfast before going to work – Done I managed to get up early enough to eat breakfast each day last week!
Go for a run – Done On Sunday I went to a local track that is 1km round and did 6 laps. First lap I walked to warm up then I did 3 laps of running without stopping (I just about died!) then 1 lap walking and the last lap running. It took me about 50 minutes and hopefully I can do a bit better this Sunday when I do 8km for Mother day Classic!
So Goals for this week:
Go to bed by 10pm each week night – so far so good, I fell asleep on the couch while watching Game of Thrones last night so M sent me to bed! That was 9:30pm!
Take my lunch to work everyday – done so far except yesterday I ate a muffin at about 12 and then was not hungry so just saved my lunch for today
Eat Breakfast before going to work – So far so good!
Get up early and run on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday – So far so good – I got up at 5 am yesterday morning and did a somewhat average run/walk but none the less I did it!
What are your goals for the week/month??
Also just wanted to add a couple of pic’s of my cheeky boy, he’s just had his Kinder photo’s done!
Isn’t He the cutest!! Love him to bits!!!
So the past week I have been sick with a bit of a cough thing and a slightly sore ear, it’s probably just some sort of infection and I’ve just been popping the cold and flu tabs and so far I’ve been ok!
However I did not work out all week until Saturday morning, nor did I stick to my regular super healthy diet. This week included carbonara, Home made pizza and chicken parma plus about 4 or 5 egg and bacon sandwiches
So today has not been a shining example of health as I spent yesterday on the couch due to over indulgence in Champagne and not going to bed till 2am and waking up at 7:30am, that’s right 5 and half hours of crappy sleep! So I was extremely tired and dozed on and off while P was watching, Avengers, Ben10, Spiderman 3 and Batman! So by the time M came back from CFA Training it was 6pm, my house looks like a bomb has hit it and I had no energy to cook! This resulted in leftovers and me not getting anything organised for today! Hence the ham and cheese croissant this morning Anyway things can only get better! Alex reminded me this morning that I really should make some goals/plans for the week!
So without hesitation:
1. Eat Breakfast before you leave for work!!!! This one I struggle with daily but I feel soo much better when I do it. The only catch – getting up earlier. I have been setting my alarm for 5:50 but I think it’s gonna have to be 5:30, I’m just not fitting everything in! I also think prepping my breakfast the night before also helps, it may cut off a few minutes at least. Also another time saving device – our new coffee pod machine from Aldi!! It’s awesome and is so much quicker and tastier than instant!!
2. Go to bed at 10pm!!! I am a night owl I also love to relax in front of the television with my husband. Sometimes its the only time we have together all day. It will also help me get up earlier and have at least 7 hours of sleep!
3. Go Running at least once a week! So yeah in two weeks I am doing 8K for the mothers day classic (Which reminds me if you want to donate go here: https://sponsor.eventarc.com/sponsor/view/185345/melissa-gedge ) I have actually done no training at all, which means I am still gonna do it but I’m probably gonna suck! So this week I will run! I think I’ll go to my normal track (which is a kilometre each lap) and go see if I can do 8 laps without stopping. I did 5 K in November 2011 in about 36 minutes so I think I can do 8 in approx 50 minutes or so. If I do it in 60 I’ll be happy! Plus I really need to get back to working out more, twice a week is not cutting it!
4. Plan meals for the week. I think this is half my problem. I come home from work tired and unable to put something together, but when I am prepared I don’t have to think I can just cook and everyone is happy. Plus on Tuesday and Thursday’s I’m always in a rush when I get home as I have training, I think I should prep the meals the night before!
All the prepping and planning can be exhausting but I know I will feel better for it!
I have my last free PT session that my lovely trainer gifted me for my birthday tonight, so more running around will be in order! At least it’s only 30 minutes and I’ll be back home in time to watch Biggest Loser and get my house back into some sort of order before going to bed at 10!!!!
Hope you are all having a great week!
I am so happy and excited to announce that I lost 1.2kg this week!!!
Can you believe it! I know I can’t!!
So what have I been doing different?
Well for one thing I have been logging all my food on MyFitnessPal.com. I have found this a really useful tool for weight loss and I’m kicking myself that I didn’t use it earlier! It does take a bit of effort logging recipes as you need all the nutrition info, but you can easily access that from such sites as this and on food labels.
One thing I love about My Fitness Pal is it tells you how many calories you have left, which I think has helped me (most days) make better choices! Plus you add in any exercise that you have done and it takes that into consideration too, although I don’t always like to use up all those calories.
The other thing that has been working for me is Michelle Bridges’ Crunch time cook book. I have pretty much been having main meals from that book since I bought it last Wednesday! I’ll show you some of my meals tomorrow in my WIAW edition.
As M has been away I have not been working out as much as I would have liked, so I was also just trying to keep check of my food and keep active! I was so happy when M finally came home on Friday! Mentally I was pretty drained from looking after P all week. On Saturday I wrote a huge post about how frustrating parenting can be and how hard my week was, then wordpress logged me out and I lost the whole, damn, thing!!! To say I was pissed off would be an understatement. But you know what wordpress actually did me a favour, as I managed to dump all my thoughts out, and I think that is all I needed to do. After that I went to the gym and did a mega session!
I ran, without stopping, for….. 34 minutes!!!! Another personal best for me and at a 1% incline I managed to do 4k in that time. I did another 12 minutes of walking to bring me to a total of 46 minutes, 5k and 507 calories burned. But I didn’t stop there I decided I would do all my strength training exercises and my core training exercises, that took me another 40 minutes and 317 calories burned! I came home feeling so much better and in a much better head space and I burnt 824 calories!
I was pretty wiped out from my workout so when we put P down for his sleep, both M and I decided we would have naps too! Oh it was so nice to just have a rest but I was still soooo sleepy when I woke up and M and I couldn’t decide what to have for tea so we ended up having Pizza!!! I’m glad I worked out as I needed those extra calories!! Plus we polished off two bottles of red wine (yeah so my no drinking has really gone out the window!!). But you know what it was a nice night and we even snuggled under the doona and watched a couple of DVD’s, well M did as I feel asleep!!!
Sunday I had a relaxing morning and then in the afternoon headed off to a birthday party for one of the kid’s from playgroup. It was the perfect weather and P loved playing on all the play equipment! So much so that he wouldn’t even come and sing Happy Birthday! He eventually came off the playground and had not one but 2 pieces of cake at the same time!!! He had a ball and really did not want to go home! I was running after him all afternoon so it made up for the fact I didn’t officially workout that day!
On Monday I got up early and hauled my butt to the gym at 6am. I have to say I am so glad that daylight saving starts this weekend as it was light at 6am when I went to the gym!!! I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes and the whole run sucked. It didn’t feel good and my legs felt heavy. After about 5 minutes at a 1% incline I turned it down to nothing as I was not enjoying it at all and I was very happy to get off! I did 10 minutes on the summit climber after that and then a couple of core exercises before heading home. I did 43 minutes of exercise and burnt 412 cals, not my best effort, but I was glad I just got out there and did something as M is away for work again I wasn’t sure when I would get in the gym again!
Monday was also day 1 of my new 12 week eating plan and I have to say I went pretty good! I had a few snacks here and there, but overall I was pretty good:
|Your daily goal||1832||251||60||68|
*You’ve earned 412 extra calories from exercise today
My day today has been really good too:
|Your Daily Goal||1420||195||47||53|
I’ll leave you there as I have some awesome pic’s to show you for WIAW!! But before I go here is a another pic of my crazy beautiful P!
Have you tried anything new to lose weight recently? Any good weight loss cookbooks that you use? I’d love to know!!
This is what my day has consisted off so far!
P getting upset with J crying and then running to Mum for cuddles and they are quite good ones too complete with a pat on the back!
The chocolate consists of one teeny tiny small choc egg and the carbs are pretty much everything I have eaten today!!! Just having one of those days! Although I have had two delicious Satsuma Mandarins!
I have been reading my usual blogs this morning checking up on what other bloggers are doing around the world and have come across some really yummy recipes!!! Jenny from Fitness Health and Food has this most yummy recipe for Whipped Chocolate Chia Banana Oatmeal with Peanut Butter (Can you tell I’ve worked out how to link stuff!!!). We all know how much I love Porridge, so I cannot wait to try it!!! I have no idea what Chia seeds are and where I can buy them (I’m thinking health shop), but I’ll definitely give it a go! I reckon I could even get M to eat this one he is a big fan of peanut butter and chocolate.
I also love this website, it is where I get most of my nutritional info from as it is so easy to use, you just type in the food, it comes up with a few different options and you pick the one that best describes your food and it comes up with the nutritional info; you can even just enter the gram amount and it adjusts accordingly. Love it! The website also has a whole heap of recipes and I am really looking forward to trying a few.
It’s nearly time for me to plan my meals again and I would love to do a month of brand new recipes! Maybe I can challenge myself for the month of May to do a whole month of new recipes! I really love recipes that take your classic family meals and make them into a low fat version. Since my boys really love pasta and M doesn’t like tomato much this can be difficult, but I’m willing to give it a go! If my calendar is full with healthy, nutritious and tasty meals there will be no reason at all to get take away! I normally don’t pick meals that are too much over 400 calories as it means I have to be extra careful that day or if they are that little bit higher I make sure I put them on a day when I know I definitely can get to the gym! I wish my computer at home was not on the blink as I so would love to put a pic up of each meal, hmm we will see. M loves pies and pastry in general but it can be soooooo fattening, so I have even found a recipe for Cornish pasties with a low fat high fibre pastry recipe! M is a great person to try out new things on as he is pretty honest! He’ll tell me if he didn’t like it and sometimes gives me suggestions like, it would have been better if such and such was added to it. I also love hamburgers and chips so I have found a recipe for two different types of low cal burgers and I will make my own chips, I find home made chips always taste better than the bought ones and much better for you!
Some of my friend’s cannot believe that I plan meals for a whole month, but I find that it not only saves time, but money too! When I go to the shops I buy only what I need for the week sometimes I buy meat for two weeks, but I rarely add things to my trolley. I used to just go to the shops and buy whatever I thought I might use and then go home and agonise over what we were going to have for tea that night, but now I just get my meat out of the freezer the night before and when I come home I just get straight onto it. When I don’t plan my meals I feel really disorganised and we often end up getting crap cos I just can’t be bothered! Sure there are days when I have planned my meals and I still eat crap, but at least I try! It’s not set in stone either, if we get invited over for someone’s place for tea I just move that meal to next week or sometimes I leave blank nights and the meal will slot into there. I try not to have the same type of meal or meat the day after each other either, as I love chicken and so does P, but M get’s sick of the same, he likes to have a steak occasionally! So that’s how meals work in my house!
Well it’s lunch time for the boys now and I really need to tidy up this house they have toys everywhere, I figure I wait till bed time to clean up as there is no point while they are up as they just pull more toys out!
Till next time….get planning!!
So yes it has been a while since I posted but I have been working all week and have had no time to get my thoughts out and also been too tired!!
Well last week was a pretty good for me I tracked everyday except for the weekend. I averaged around 1400 cals each day but did wear my pedometer and had some really good results:
Monday: 8000 steps
Tuesday: 16 275 steps
Wednesday: 15 587
Thursday: 22 930 Steps!!!
Friday: 18 065
I didn’t write down what I got for the weekend as I took my pedometer off and misplace it for a few days! I really like wearing it as it really shows you how active you are! Plus if I hadn’t of got to 10 000 I can do a few extra things to get it over the mark.
On Saturday and Sunday I ate food that wasn’t too bad but did relax a bit. I had a 30th to go to on Sunday which was lunch at a pub and none of the salads sounded appealing and sounded like they would have extras added to them so I opted for the roast Lamb, which was covered in gravy! It did have veg with it which was good and none of it was oily or fatty so I enjoyed it, The meat portion was probably too large, but never mind. I had an appointment at the gym that afternoon, so when I got home I cooked tea (Risotto, not extremely healthy) as we were taking tea up to M’s parent’s house as they had just returned from a trip to QLD and it was M’s Mum’s birthday. I was so excited by my trip to the gym as I finally got measured! The first lot of measurements were taken in July and since then I have lost 20cm off my waist, 10 cm off my hips and I think about 5cm off my chest! I had put on a couple of cm on my arms and thighs, which I wasn’t too stressed as both my arms and thighs are now more muscle and are looking more toned. So after my measure and program re-assessment I did a quick 20m minutes on the treadmill, which I now run on each time I go on, normally I do 5 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 5 minutes walking, 5 minutes running. I am exhausted by the time I finish but it’s worth it as I burn so many more calories. Then did my weights and went home and got ready for tea.
We had the risotto that I prepared earlier and some fruit cake with custard. I only had a small piece of cake with a small amount of custard, it was very yummy but I knew that I didn’t want more. I’m starting to be able to resist things a bit more which is good.
So as I knew I was working all week I got my lunch ready when we got home, so I wouldn’t have to rush in the morning. For me planning is the key, if I sacrifice some of that sitting around time and quickly make my lunch I know I am going to eat healthy!
When I weighed on Monday morning I was pleasantly surprised, the scale said 77.7kg! I’d lost 1.6kg in a week!! It just show’s if I track and stick to it and work out a lot I get the results. I know it wont be as good this week as I have only been able to get to the gym twice; however my eating hasn’t been too bad, but as I have worked all week, I get so tired and tea often suffers, which was the case on Wednesday when we got Pizza!!! But each day if I have had a bad dinner I don’t fall off the wagon I just keep going!
One of my favourite breakfasts of late has been eggs. I often scramble 2 eggs; add chopped red capsicum, mushroom and grated zucchini and sometimes I will chop up a rasher of bacon and add that and serve it over a slice of multigrain toast with no butter, just a little salt and pepper! Very yummy and filling; sometimes I don’t even need morning tea! I have had lots of salads for lunch this week which has been good and cut back on the amount of carbs I usually consume. I really like tuna so I often have tuna salad and I really don’t eat a lot of fish, So it’s good to have at least 2 serves a week.
Today we have P’s swimming which is good movement and I am normally a bit peckish by the time we leave, so I think I might put some yummy apple and cinnamon rice cakes in the car to snack on. P & M are both having hair cuts today and I need to do the food shopping so quite a busy day we have planned. Tonight we have a Halloween party to go to, I’m wearing an old french maid costume I had made for a boot party a few years back, I think about 5 years ago, The skirt is a little bit small, but I can get away with it as it is really only the zip that doesn’t go the whole way up and the skirt is not tight, I’m going to sort of go as Magenta from Rocky horror, so I’m going to do the big frizzy hair and goth style make up should be fun and I’ll post some pic’s on here tomorrow or Monday. I managed to get P a cowboy outfit, he is going to look sooo cute! M is being a spoilsport and only wearing a hat! The hostess informed me that there is going to be plenty of food so to not eat too much tea, but knowing the hostess I’m not sure how much stuff will be healthy, so I think I may have something small before I go and I’m having a few drinks tonight as M is driving and he wants to leave early as he has an CFA assessment tomorrow!
well really should get going and get P and myself ready for swimming, M is still sleeping as usual! I have the next 2 weeks off so I should be able to get on here a bit more than normal, although I do have a few projects up my sleeve!
Till next time ……
Today is not only a beautiful sunny day, but a glorious one because I have lost 1.2kg this week!!! WOO HOO!!!!
It just shows that if I put in the work, I can get results! I also measured myself and I have lost 4cm off my waist, 5cm off my hips and 5cm off my bust, nothing off my arms or thighs, but I’m sure this will come with time!
So yesterday I was pretty good, I managed to tick off all my goals and boy does that feel good! I drank more than 2 litres of water, I went to the gym for an hour and burnt approx. 250 cals. I scrapped while P didn’t sleep! lol! I wrote up my evening meals for a month and chose recipes from healthy cook books, some of which have the cals included, which is soo good.
Tea was so yummy, I had Chicken Biryani, a recipe that I had never done before. It is an Indian chicken and rice dish, with lots of spices plus green chillies and coriander. The chicken is marinated in yogurt and some ground spices, not too bad as I used low-fat yogurt, but the dish did have 6 tablespoons of butter (I was meant to use ghee, but decided to use the butter instead)!!! I only had two small pieces of chicken and then about half to three quarters of a cup of the rice. The rice was basmati so low GI and we had 2 cups of steamed veggies. I had to restrain myself from having more chicken as I really enjoyed it!! The recipe made enough serves for 8 people, so I will freeze the leftovers. My freezer is getting so full of leftovers, that I planned one night a week to have leftovers!
I was bit naughty after tea and decided to have some icecream with some strawberries that needed to be eaten, but I didn’t go overboard, I had one and half scoops which came to 156 cals and the stawberries are classed as free foods as I only had 5 and they are under 20cals. so my grand total for the day I think was 1306, not too bad.
A few weeks back I received a pedometer for free, as we had bought so many packs of OPTIFAST from the chemist. I have been using it on and off. the goal is to get to 10,000 steps everyday, so far I have been doing that. I think that means you are being active enough, anyway with my gym visit I manage to get to 12,879 steps for the day! So I am going to try and keep beating the 10,000 step mark each day.
I just wanted to write a little bit about my gorgeous Son, Philip (P). This is a recent photograph taken on our recent trip to Adelaide. He is such a cheeky boy, with a lovely nature. He is such a charmer too, and charms all the ladies and men, where ever he goes. Of course I am biased, as he is my son! I think we are so incredibly lucky to have him he is so well behaved and he sleeps pretty good now, he pretty much feeds himself now and is a big chatterbox! He constantly amazes me with all the new things he can do and say. I think he is a pretty smart kid! But we still have days where I would love to just stay in bed and when he is sick or is teething it can be so hard! But you know what, that’s what being a mum is and I wouldn’t trade it for the world! It’s the best thing I have ever done!
So anyway, this week is gonna be busy one! I have work for the next two days then, playgroup on Thursday morning, Friday is a free day but I am going out dancing for a good friends birthday that night, then on Saturday we have swimming then I am going out again that night for tea and then more dancing!! Sunday will be a rest day I think! I have to be really careful this week to not go over my cals as I need extra for the weekend. I know I will most likely have too much to drink and there are sooo many cals in alcohol, so I need to be careful what type of drinks I pick! But I also need to make sure I get my gym visits in this week, so this brings me to my goals for this week!
- Drink 2 litres+ of water everyday
- go to the gym 3-4 times this week
- keep track of my cals each day
- days when not at gym, go for a walk
- get over 10,000 steps everyday
- spend quality time with hubby and son!
well I’m off now to get started on those goals by taking P and our dog Chili for a walk and a play in the park!
So I am pretty tired today and to be honest I think I had a few too many glasses of wine last night! M and I watched the movie “Last King of Scotland” I really enjoyed it. I often enjoy movies based on actual events, so yeah it was good. when that was finished it was about 11pm, but I was wide awake so flicked on normal tv and on GO they were playing Lost Boys, another fav of mine! So watched that and then went to bed. I left M killing goblins or some sort of creature on WOW! About 4amish I think M came back from a fire call and it woke me up so, yeah we chatted for a bit and then it took me a while to get back off to sleep, as I now realised I had a toothache (too much wine , lol)! Then when I finally got back off to sleep P woke up at about 6am, GRRRR, so got up, put dummy back in, covered him back over and went back to sleep…. for an hour then up again to the little man. I discovered he had taken his PJ pants off, no wonder he wanted me come!
So today I have had toast again, we don’t have many shakes left and not much cash to go buy more at the moment, so we are having alternate breakfasts on the weekends. I am thinking that I should have porridge instead, as it is sooo much better for me and low GI so more filling, plus I can have huge bowl, for half the calories of toast!
Ok so I am already up to 500 cals for the day!!!! EEK! It sucks that one slice of Bread is 100 cals. and 3tsps of marg or butter is 100 cals too, lucky I had Jam which is under 20 cals for 1 teaspoon.
So ok so the rest of the day hopefully will go like this:
MT: Apple 50 cals
L: OPTIFAST Dessert 173 cals
AT: Yoghurt Nestle diet 77 cals
T: Chicken Biryani with Rice and veg hopefully around 350 – 400 cals if I am portion smart.
So that comes to a total (with my 500 cal B. Fast) 1150 – 1200 which is right on target!
And once Matt gets back from CFA , I AM GOING TO THE GYM!!!!!!
I feel a lot better today, just need to keep the nurofen up I think, luckily I have tomorrow off of work!
So my goals for today are:
- Drink 2 litres of water
- go to gym
- keep track of my calories
- spend some time scrapping when P goes to bed
- Plan my meals for the next month!!!
Well I’m going to go get P dressed and myself dressed, and get started on those goals!
Well as this is my first post I should explain the point of my Blog. I was initially inspired by a good friend who has started writing her own blog about being healthy and her life and it really got me thinking that I should start my own. I have a few goals in regards to weight loss and figure if I voice them on here, then it makes me accountable to someone!!!
I also wanted to blog about being a mum and how I can have great days and bad days, so far I am having a great day!b:). I have been married to my hubby, Matthew for 3 years now and we have one son, Philip who is nearly 18 months old. We are planning to add to our family next year after my 30th Birthday. Another reason to lose weight.
My current weight is 81.7kg. When I started losing weight in April I weighed 84.4kg and had a goal to lose 5kg. I kinda got off track, I lost about 900g then put on a kilo so by the time June rocked round I weighed 84.8kg! My Husband and I decided we really needed to lose weight and we have been doing the OPTIFAST program for about 8 weeks now. Matt has lost 9.5kg and I have lost 3.1kg. My ultimate goal is to get to 60 kg, but for now I am happy to lose 5kg!!
This time I am really serious about losing the weight. I have dieted on off over the years and nothing really worked except for going to the gym and watching my calories, which is what I plan to do. I have joined gym and have been going for a few weeks now and I love it. Also I turn 30 in March and am planning on having a party, I really want to look Hot!! lol. I have never really been happy with my body, not even on my wedding day, so this time I wanna see it through, I know it’s gonna be hard but losing weight is not meant to be easy! So to my Goals:
- To lose 24.8, lets just make it 25kg, getting down to my weight loss goal of 60kg.
- To be Fit and not get out of breath
- To spend quality time with my Husband and Son
- To spend a little me time each week.
So how will I achieve these goals?
- Track my calories, make sure I keep between 1000-1200 calories each day
- Drink 2L + water each day
- Plan my meals
- Plan my Gym visits, my aim is to go 3-4 times a week.
- Plan family time and me time and stick to it!
Well yesterday was a prime example of why I need to plan my meals. I had a bit of a calorie overload, I started off good, but it kinda fizzled by the end of the day. I work 3 days a week, Monday -Wednesday. I look after a little 2 year old boy at his house and Philip gets to come with me (Pretty good I know). But there are so many temptations, at least at home I can control the temptations. Well last night we ended up having pizza, as I did not have all the ingredients for our planned meal!!!
Well I think I will leave it there for now, I’m feeling a bit hungry and so far today I have been good, lets hope it continues that way!